CPA Articling Student
Location: Hay River, NT
Employment Status: Full Time
About Ashton, Chartered Professional Accountants
Ashton, CPA is a 3-partner firm that primarily serves the South Slave region of the Northwest Territories from our office located in Hay River, NT. We supply management consulting, taxation, accounting, and assurance (audit and review) services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to public sector entities and non-profit organizations.
Ashton, CPA was established in Hay River in 1971 and continues to the present day as a thriving professional services Firm serving the needs of the business community in the Northwest Territories. Our goal is to provide each of our clients with the best possible financial services and to add value to those services by listening to our client's needs and assisting them to plan adequate solutions which address their specific needs.
For more information about our Firm please visit our website (www.ashtonca.com).
About the Opportunity
Ashton, CPA is currently looking for a CPA Student to join our team in Hay River on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Partners, you will provide financial management, taxation, accounting, and assurance services for our clients.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients of varying financial and bookkeeping experience to provide accounting services.
- Assisting in audit field work of a diverse range of clients including municipalities, First Nations, school boards, health boards, and development corporations.
- Working independently under the direction of the partners.
- Assisting on tax planning for owner-managed businesses which would include estate planning, succession planning, and corporate reorganizations.
- Travelling to client's offices on occasion as is required.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you will be an excellent and patient communicator in both written and verbal form. You will also be an adaptable, fast learner who takes initiative and has great attention to detail.
- University Degree or Similar
- Necessary qualifications to enroll in CPA PEP
How We’ll Reward You
Upon joining Ashton CPA, you will be welcomed into a friendly and open environment. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can look forward to receiving a competitive salary. You can also look forward to the following benefits:
- Group benefits plan
- Health spending account
- Minimum three weeks’ vacation
- Worked overtime bankable and available as “time-in-lieu”
- Opportunities for career development
- Paid cost of CPA PEP upon successful completion
If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic role with a growing organization, this could be the opportunity for you!
Please submit applications to:
Sonia Campbell, Office Manager